Competition in the rail industry is tough. The incumbents have to challenge not only their traditional business models but also deregulation and the new entrants that have captured a significant market share. On the other end, new entrants have to develop a strategy and create value added services that sustainably compete with the cost models of the incumbents. These market dynamics significantly affect shareholder value and financial performance but are not the single measure of success for a corporation and its strategy.
Decision Dynamics helps rail operators and infrastructure provider companies clearly identify opportunities for sustainable growth and redefine corporate business portfolios based on the new requirements. To this extent, transport networks become more integrated than ever, where smooth, seamless operations have to be carefully executed.
The Decision Dynamics competence supports on the operational level in purchasing, scheduling, handling, fleet management, maintenance. Additionally, we also addresses important strategy level issues like investment / divestment decisions, corporate level strategy, mergers and acquisitions and diversification / vertical integration.
Decision Dynamics has developed a strong track record of successful engagements leading many projects.
- Developing group strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Managing programs and transformation processes
- Supporting vertical and horizontal functional redesign
- Optimizing overheads
- Introducing group marketing
- Designing service center strategies
- Developing sales units
- Redefining marketing and advertising at stations
- Managing investment programs
- Developing a turnaround strategy
- Streamlining group subsidiaries, aligning business units
- Introducing product management
- Developing pricing systems
- Developing network and capacity management systems
- Introducing cost management systems
- Restructuring maintenance functions
- New product / new market development
- Turnaround, restructuring and privatization
- Yield management
- Asset management
- Energy mix planning