From the policy level down to forecasting and business planning for commercial entities, freight modelling is a prerequisite for robust planning. Decision Dynamics has developed methodologies for analyzing freight demand using a commodity-based approach so as to forecast future flows and assign them to modes and routes.
The need to understand existing and project future freight movements is very important since all actions, business or policy are based on them.
Decision Dynamics can support clients:
- Understand current and project future goods flows by commodity type, by transport mode type and by route
- Facilitate distribution of cargo flows by commodity class segmented into short-haul and long-haul goods
- Model long-, short-haul and urban freight movements
- Develop robust route assignments per zone, node and mode
- Optimize Urban freight and truck travel, moving small amounts of goods or workers providing services within a town or city.